As spring rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Delray Beach? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is up-to-date or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system inspected yearly by a Kilbourne Heating & AC technician can help find small issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a pro to take care of complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to elevated energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity expenses and over the long run, as you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps find minor problems before they turn into large, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully look at components and carry out a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they create extensive troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free operation throughout the season. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your system is at risk for advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC tune-up should include a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the ensuing areas and pieces:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Today with Kilbourne Heating & AC
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Kilbourne Heating & AC pros a ring at 561-287-7071 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, don’t forget to check our discount offers for savings on your next service.