Summer and comfort go well together, but when you’re dealing with an air conditioner that isn’t providing you with the comfort you desire, you may need to ponder air conditioner replacement. Take a minute and think about this scenario: it’s only a few weeks in to the summer and you’re enjoying a relaxing day at home. As lunchtime comes around, you realize that it’s feeling awfully warm inside. You check the thermostat and all appears to be well with the settings, but the temperature reads 85 degrees.
It’s likely that you rode it out as much as you could, but now it’s time to call in an expert and find out what’s wrong. So what does that mean for you as a homeowner? Well, there are a couple reasons that you may be facing air conditioner replacement. And considering the weather in Delray Beach, you don’t want to be caught without what might be the single most significant piece of home comfort equipment you own.
Here are a few things you should be looking for if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Insufficient air flow. If you sense a change in air flow, check for a blocked return-air or supply-air grille. Be sure all of these grilles are not blocked by furniture or other items.
- Non-working outdoor fan. If you go outside to view your air conditioner’s outdoor fan and it doesn’t run, you’ll want to give the pros at Kilbourne Heating & AC in Delray Beach a call. That fan is responsible for the transferring of heat from your home to the outdoors. If it doesn’t run, that heat transfer isn’t taking place and can cause a number of issues, including overheating of the compressor and other potential internal issues.
- Outside obstructions. If your air conditioner is currently bordered by shrubbery or other potential obstructions, there could be an issue with enough air flow to the unit. Over time this could also mean that dirt and debris end up clogging your system and hurting its cooling abilities. Make certain your system is free from obstructions and is cleaned frequently to potentially decrease your chances of needing air conditioner replacement.
- Dirty filters. One of the most common concerns that Kilbourne Heating & AC runs in to is improperly cared for filters. Dirty filters not only decrease airflow, they can also impact your system’s efficiency and can drive up your bills. They also affect air quality and when allergy season is in full-swing, a dirty filter can have a great impact on your home comfort.
If you have checked all of these and your air conditioner still isn’t running, follow these step-by-step instructions, only proceeding to the next step if the system doesn’t start.
- Check that the thermostat temperature set-point is set below indoor temperature, and the system switch is in the COOL position.
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch "on"?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply "on"?
- Check the house fuse box/breaker box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- If the system still does not operate, call Kilbourne Heating & AC at 561-287-7071.
Having an inoperable air conditioner and dealing with air conditioner replacement doesn’t have to be a headache. Sure, your system may not be working , but that’s why the pros at Kilbourne Heating & AC in Delray Beach is here to help. Give us a call at 561-287-7071.