When it’s a little more frigid in Delray Beach you rely on your heat pump to keep you comfortable. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair coming up. Annual maintenance service from experts can keep your system operating properly and diagnose possible problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to watch for signals that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most familiar symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working properly. Is it running enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could indicate a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump regulates the temperature in your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps change the process and passes refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off again and again. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat might need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem continues, call a pro to see why your system is breaking down or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The experts at Kilbourne Heating & AC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.