Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Delray Beach is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Kilbourne Heating & AC consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Kilbourne Heating & AC in Delray Beach at 561-287-7071 today.