Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Delray Beach summer, have the specialists at Kilbourne Heating & AC complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of unlawfully discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We recommend checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Kilbourne Heating & AC today at 561-287-7071.