Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it running well and keeping you and your family warm during the Delray Beach chill. If you already called Kilbourne Heating & AC for your annual tune-up, you’re absolutely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 561-287-7071 to get one on the calendar.
There are many simple things you can do in between expert servicing to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or swap them when advised. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and maintain peak efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are accessible for optimum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have grown up by your outdoor unit or litter has accumulated, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to confirm that it’s operating correctly. Simply turn it on and gently lift the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our pros, call Kilbourne Heating & AC at 561-287-7071 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!