As spring starts, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Delray Beach? Especially if your cooling system is recently installed or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Kilbourne Heating & AC professional can help spot little issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy use—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps find little troubles before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine components and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into major troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with Kilbourne Heating & AC
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Kilbourne Heating & AC pros a call at 561-287-7071 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.