With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically increase your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Kilbourne Heating & AC specialist complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system running well for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is working correctly and can identify potential issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Kilbourne Heating & AC a call at 561-287-7071.