It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a number of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the most savings you can. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to notify you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of bonuses that can help improve your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Kilbourne Heating & AC in Delray Beach has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 561-287-7071.