Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Delray Beach during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Kilbourne Heating & AC will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Kilbourne Heating & AC at 561-287-7071 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.